Our first book published via Boomwriter (click to read)
Website of the Week - Boomwriter
BoomWriter is a supremely engaging creative writing website that has students reading, writing and assessing content in ways they've never done before!
"I'm using this with my third graders and it has been an exciting program for us. The students are motivated to write and they are inspired by the other students' entries." -Mr. Borgeson 3rd Grade
You're Awesome, Troy & Jillian!
Articles by Mr. Borgeson
- "The Best Educational Tool I Have In My Classroom" - by Mr. B., featured on Edudemic
- "If Educational Technology was a Baseball Team" - by Mr. B., featured on Edudemic
- "How to Create an Effective Classroom Website - by Mr. B., featured on Edudemic
Mr. Borgeson's Educational Technology Boards
I am happy to share ideas about educational technology with teachers and parents. I will update the content regularly so check back often to find and learn about new ideas.
NEW CONTENT RECENTLY ADDED!
- Sumdog - free math games that make learning fun! (Math - Games)
- BoomWriter - BoomWriter is a supremely engaging creative writing website that has students reading, writing and assessing content in ways they've never done before! (Language Arts - Writing)
- Study Jams - Scholastic provides a bunch of great videos and ways to learn about math and science
- Read Aloud: Tips for Parents and Teachers - (Read Aloud Page - Resources)
- My American Farm - Features agricultural computer games that teach where food comes from and how it gets to our plate (Health, Nutrition & P.E. Page - Farms)
- BBC Nature - a huge website with an incredible amount of information
- Math Puzzle a Day - a different math challenge each day
- NetSafe - video series for K-3 students, other videos also available for older students (added to Parent Page - internet safety)
- Time4Writing - check out the free lessons that include: videos, presentations, exercises, and games (added to L.A. page - writing)
Click and Scroll to Zoom Image
Introduction Video Series - "How to..."
- Read Aloud - Read Aloud page, your #1 tool to support your child's education!
- D.O.L. (Daily Oral Language) - Language Arts page, see D.O.L.
- A.R. (Accelerated Reader) - Language Arts page of our website, see A.R.
- Math Facts - Math page, see math facts
- Spelling City - Language Arts page, see spelling
- Math Manipulative Practice - Math page, see manipulatives
Book Club Orders
We will have book orders sent home every month or so. Everytime you purchase books for your child our classroom library also benefits. A home library is one of the most critical aspects to your child's literacy development. Follow this link to place an order:
Our classroom code is GTLW4.
I am using a teacher to parent texting system, called Remind101 as one of the ways to communicate with parents. This service allows for unlimited texting by teachers. All parents are encouraged to "opt in" to this program to receive text messages from Mr. Borgeson about things that are happening in and around our classroom. No phone numbers are visible to anyone involved. Send a text message to (424) 277-2107 with the message @mrborg to join. That's it, you're in!